Earlier, the state Commissioner for Health, Dr Banji Ajaka, in a statement, said as of Tuesday midnight, the number of victims was 127 while 38 had been confirmed dead.
The Catholic Bishop of Ondo Diocese, Jude Arogundade, had also said the church recorded 38 deaths.
“The situation report as at 12 midnight, on Tuesday 7/6/22 at St. Louis Hospital, Owo, 39 people were involved and 13 deaths (confirmed). At the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, the total number of persons involved is 84 and the number of corpses in the FMC mortuary is 25; female, 17, and eight males,” Ajaka said in a statement.
But Akeredolu on Saturday said the state would be suspending the June 12 celebration in honour of the victims.
“In honour of the victims of the terror attack at St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, the Ondo State Government has cancelled this year’s June 12 celebration.
“The cancellation is to enable the people of Ondo State to mourn their loved ones who lost their lives in the horrific attack,” Akeredolu tweeted on Saturday.