Russian drone attack kills two, injures 32 in Ukraine

A Russian drone attack late Thursday on Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city, hit dwellings and sparked fires, killing no fewer than two people and injuring 32.
Writing on the Telegram messaging app, Regional Governor Oleg Syniehubov, said two children were among the injured in the city’s Novobavarskyi district.
Syniehubov said several multi-storey apartment blocks had been hit, with a blaze erupting on the roof of one building.
According to Mayor Ihor Terekhov, human remains of a third person had been found under rubble.
The regional governor also said one person was hurt in a drone strike on Ruski Tyshky, a village outside Kharkiv.
SOCIETY WATCH reports that Kharkiv, in northeastern Ukraine, has been subject to nearly nightly Russian drone attacks in the past week, including an hour-long barrage on Wednesday evening.
The city was said to have withstood the advance of Russian troops through Ukraine and their unsuccessful advance on Kyiv in the early weeks of the February 2022 invasion.
As Russian forces pulled away from the capital and focused on Ukraine’s east, it became a frequent target of air attacks.
According to the regional governor, in the southeastern city of Dnipro, three people were injured in a mass drone attack.
He added that in Zaporizhzhia region, further south, at least seven drones had attacked targets in the region, injuring one.